Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Packetized Energy has an opening for an Embedded Systems Engineer. The embedded systems engineer will principally be responsible for designing, implementing and validating firmware for distributed energy resource (DER) control devices designed by Packetized Energy. In addition, the firmware engineer will contribute to designing, implementing and validating software interfaces between Packetized Energy’s software and third-party DER controllers, such as thermostats, heat pumps, EV charging systems, and battery storage systems.
Packetized Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse team. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Required qualifications include the following:
- Enthusiastic about working in a dynamic startup environment that is focused on solving clean energy problems
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related field
- Practical experience implementing high quality firmware in C/C++
Desired qualifications include the following:
- At least 2 years of industry experience writing embedded software (firmware)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services IoT solutions, including serverless technology (e.g., AWS Lambda)
- Familiarity with the MQTT communications protocol
- Familiarity with data manipulation in python
- Familiarity with the electric energy systems
- Understanding of common communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, etc.)
- Familiarity with hardware test equipment including multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers
- Familiarity with Mongoose OS
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package including salary, stock options, and benefits.