Data Scientist / Energy Analyst
Packetized Energy has an opening for a Data Scientist. The successful candidate will principally be responsible for using data generated by distributed energy resources and/or simulated resources to improve Packetized Energy’s software platform to generate more value for our electricity industry customers and end use consumers.
Packetized Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse team. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Required qualifications include the following:
- Enthusiastic about working in a dynamic startup environment that is focused on solving clean energy problems
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science or a related field
- Practical experience in transforming large data sets into valuable insight
Desired qualifications include the following:
- Experience building python notebooks that interact with large datasets
- Experience with Machine Learning tools, such as multiple regression, symbolic regression, neural networks, compressive sensing (LASSO)
- Experience solving optimization problems with mathematical programming tools such as GAMS, Julia/JuMP, Gurobi, Ipopt
- Experience building useful visualization images and applications from large datasets
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Power and energy systems engineering experience, such as power flow analysis, energy storage system modeling, demand response modeling.
- A strong mathematical background, with experience modeling systems with differential equations
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package including salary, stock options, and benefits.